I think St. Patty’s Day is the perfect holiday. I mean, you don’t have to worry about getting gifts for anyone, there aren’t any mandatory snoozy events to attend, and if you have a few too many (green) Chardonnays you won’t be judged.
I didn’t have the energy to decorate for Chritmas this year, the motivation to do it for Valentine’s Day, so why the hell not decorate for the unofficial drinking holiday of North America?
Let’s get started…
Here is your list of materials:
- 6 cardboard triangles (I used an old amazon shipping box)
- Letters (make your own or buy them for about a buck each at Michaels)
- Green paint and glitter glue
- Twine (I got mine at the Dollar Tree)
- Burlap (enough to wrap your triangles; you can buy 24’x3′ at Home Depot for $13 and use the rest for decorating)
- Hot glue gun
All in all, I didn’t spend much more than $7.
Start by painting your letters, then applying glitter glue to the front after they are dry. You can also buy pre-decorated glitter letters at Michaels for around $6 for a full alphabet set.
Cut triangles from your cardboard; make sure that the largest letter fits within the triangle. Cut burlap with about an inch or two overlap, and glue burlap to triangle. (I could probably commit any crime I wanted because I no longer have fingerprints due to my inability to NOT burn myself with the hot glue gun).
Glue your length of twine to the back of your pennants, spacing them few inches apart. Glue the letters to the pennants and you are DONE!
How will you celebrate this fabulous holiday this year?