Ah yes, love is definitely in the air during the month of February, but you haven’t thought of what to get the object of your affection. No fear, I have a few last minute gift ideas that your love will, well, LOVE!
And PS- love comes in all different forms. Romantic, platonic, pet, etc… Keep this in mind because surprising someone who isn’t expecting a gift of love from you would be just…lovely.
For the Romantic Partner
If you have children like I do, the chance to spend a night without them is possibly the most romantic thing EVER. We all have the fear of the lock on our bedroom door not functioning properly, right? This year, Eaglewood Resort & Spa in nearby Itasca is offering a quick Valentine’s Escape Spa & Dinner Package- it means no planning, they did all the work for you. You get:
- Deluxe golf course view overnight room accommodations for two with rates starting at $450
- Chocolates and a bottle of William Hill Cabernet Sauvignon delivered to your room
- A romantic, four-course candlelit dinner for two in Burnham’s Restaurant*
- Two complimentary drinks at Ogden’s Lobby Bar
- A 30-minute couples Swedish massage at The Spa at Eaglewood – advanced reservations required
- Chef-crafted breakfast for two in Burnham’s Restaurant the next morning, with one complimentary bloody mary or mimosa each
- Late check-out of 2:00 p.m. and unlimited access to the resort’s heated indoor pool, hot tub, expansive fitness center, sauna and steam room
- Guests are also invited to rent snowshoes and cross country skis to tour the resort’s 109 acres if there is enough snow, or enjoy the convenience of having an on-site retro bowling alley and indoor 4K golf simulator.
This is available 2/14/19-2/16/19, so book it NOW!
For your Sister
I don’t know about you, but reminiscing with a sweet soundtrack is one of the best ways I can tell my sis how much she means to me. If you have a sister that has seen you through thick and thin, bangs and braces, grab tickets to Heart’s “Love Alive” Summer Tour. Bonus- Sheryl Crow will be joining them for the Chicago leg. There is a special Valentine’s Pre-Sale on the 14th, so use code LOVEALIVE to gain access. Sisters Ann & Nancy Wilson are the ultimate gal power pair.
For the Fur Friend
Seriously, I love my puppy. I never thought I would say that since I have never been a “dog” person, but some days she is the only one who seems to *truly* love me unconditionally. She still wants to snuggle when I haven’t showered that day. She is ALWAYS excited to see me after I have been gone, jumping up and down rather than offering a half-hearted “hey” like some others in my household. Ginger, our fluffy puppy, loves jumping in and out of puddles, snow, slush and more.
Here’s my issue- I am a total freak when it comes to smells, and wet paws simply stink. I hate washing her feet all of the time because it dries out her pads, and her poor paws are getting raw from the salty sidewalks. I found these WagWellies online and don’t tell my husband but I think they are going to magically appear on our doorstep. Maybe I should get the Cherry Red color to match my Hunter boots? Too much? Nah, didn’t think so. At $64 they are a splurge but this face is SO worth it!
For the BFF
Is there someone out there who knows you better than you know yourself? Who will ALWAYS tell you when you have spinach in your teeth, has seen you laugh, cry and even do both at the same time, and loves you just the way you are? Let her know! I am heading out with a few friends to see She the People at Second City on Saturday night. I think cocktails + friends + comedy is pretty much my dream night out. Tickets are only $26 on Valentine’s Day, or even less when you buy them on Hottix! They have a bunch of dates for this show at half price. We are heading to Summer House for dinner and drinks pre-show, it is a few blocks away and will transport you to sunny Cali for a little while.
Cheers to celebrating ALL those you love, and I hope you also celebrate the one you should love the most- YOU!