I remember receiving a copy of What to Expect… when I was pregnant. I skimmed a few pages and basically chucked it in the fire pit because- HELLO!- I didn’t want to spend all of my precious last few months of free time reading a dry, dated, snooze-fest of a book. I wanted to nap, eat daily Dairy Queen Blizzards, and have a few final uninterrupted date nights with my husband.
|Not gonna lie, we smuggled champagne into the room.|
If you are expecting, have a baby or just want to know what’s new in the world of little people, it is much easier to hit up an event where just about every single updated resource is at your fingertips. Luckily, the Chicago Baby Show– the LARGEST show for new and expectant parents in the country- is being hosted at Navy Pier later this month. It is run by the same crew who does the epic New York & LA Baby Shows. I think my husband would have much rather gone to a show like this than ventured to baby stores every weekend in search of the perfect stroller.
Here is what this show offers:
- Keynote speakers Jamie Grayson (top baby gear guru) and Dr. Harvey Karp (top pediatrician, happy baby expert); ambassador is Stephanie Izard, one badass Chicago mom who is queen of the food scene
- Over 100 brands from all over the world, so even if you are a au naturale mom or an anti-helicopter throwback mom (like me), there are resources available for your parenting style
- Have another kid in tow? No fear, the entertainers are here. I will have my 3 and 6 year old kids with me, and am counting on the face painters to allow me a few precious moments of freedom to compare fall fashion with other moms.
- A DAD LOUNGE. Finally, a spot where you can send the guys to do some of the dirty work, commiserate with others, and study up on all the info that the NYC Dads Group (hosts) can dish out.
- Free stuff. Brands love to give free stuff away at shows like this, so whether it is a sample of the latest and greatest kid snacks or winning one of the amazing giveaways like a 4 Night All-Inclusive Babymoon, you are sure to walk away pretty pleased.
- Stroller test track. I want to see you running with these buggies like lululemon is having a half off sale (ok, I don’t wear work out clothes, so it would be Zara for me).
Tickets are $30 per family (2 adults and up to 4 kids), or $20 per individual.
Want to win tickets? I have TEN free tickets to the show! Click here to see if they are still available.
I hope to see you there! I will be the mom trying to contain my towheads while marveling at all the stuff that I wish I had when they were born.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of the Chicago Baby Show. All opinions and lame jokes are honest and my own as always.