BBQ Hawaiian Pizza Recipe featuring Gilbert's Craft Sausages
I whipped up this Hawaiian Pizza using Gilbert's Aloha Chicken Sausage, which is packed with ginger, pineapple and brown sugar.
*Side note, here are a few things that I love about Gilbert's Sausages:
- Based on the same ideals that craft brewers use- small batches, unique flavors
- I can pronounce and recognize all of the ingredients
- Each sausage is individually wrapped so I can cook just one and the rest stay fresh
- No nitrates or nitrites, which is what all the Internet articles claim are going to destroy our children
- They are local...and the founders are the sausage kings of Chicago!
- Pizza dough or prepared crust (tip- when using refrigerated dough, let it rest and come to room temperature before stretching to fit the pan)
- BBQ sauce (Old Arthur is fabulous, not too spicy, not too sweet)
- Shredded cheese (I used Cheddar Jack)
- Crushed pineapple
- Gilbert's Aloha Chicken Sausage, sliced into thick coins
This is a pretty particular flavor of pizza- spicy and sweet. My kids did like it, but if your kiddos don't love BBQ sauce swap out for marinara or even alfredo. Gilbert's has more pizza recipes on their site, and other fabulous food recipes as well that include all the varieties of their craft sausages.
Thank you to Gilbert's Craft Sausages for providing samples. I loved their product when I randomly picked them up at Jewel a few months ago, and am excited to work with them now!