A BLISSful Holiday Gift
Your face is the first thing people usually see when they meet you. Because of this reason, I generally try to take care of my skin. Every Sunday night, I use a type of face mask or skin treatment to detox from all of my weekend damage...and yes, Sunday Funday is included in that. What I would love to include is a monthly or quarterly facial- it is amazing the trans-formative effects that a professional aesthetician can provide.
I made an appointment at the Chicago Bliss Spa for their Triple Oxygen Facial upon recommendation by a friend whose skin I covet. Since I take style advice from people whose style I adore, why not do the same with skin? I checked into the Bliss Spa in downtown Chicago, which is located inside the W on Lake Shore Drive. This prime location with stunning views of Lake Michigan immediately transported me from my hectic world of toddler and preschooler refereeing to serene calm.
|Bliss Spa at the W Chicago|
If you follow skincare trends, Oxygen Facials and products are so hot right now (to quote Zoolander) and deservedly so. Oxygen helps counter bacteria that clings to our skin from the polluted environment while refreshing the look and texture.
I learned quite a few tips from my spa technician:
- You can perform in-home extraction- use clean hands or cotton swabs and attempt after you step out of the shower when pores are open.
- If problem areas don't give easily- quit. Don't irritate skin; you can easily cause damage.
- Hydrated skin works best when trying to clean out pores.
- After extraction, use a toner or mask to close pores back up.
- Don't schedule a facial the day of or day prior to a big event- for me, facials bring hidden problems to the surface and it takes up to a week to clear up.
- When using eye cream, press into the delicate skin around the eyes- don't rub it in.
|Holiday Gifts from Bliss|
- fabulous foaming face wash 6.7oz: A two-in-one oil-free exfoliating wash for all skin types. This fresh, fruity cleanser contains rose hip extract, milk thistle, passion flower and chamomile in a non-stripping formula that helps re-balance even the most scattered of skins.
- new triple oxygen vitamin c cream w/CPR technology 1.7oz: A lightweight gel-cream infused with CPR technology, and an advanced form of vitamin C to enhance skin’s vitality and clarity and smooth fine lines and wrinkles while intensely hydrating and protecting for a smooth, glowing complexion.
- that's incredi-'peel'! 5 pack: The only spa-powered peel pads that use time-release technology to reduce wrinkles and dark spots in just one step.
|Bliss Holiday Gift Box|
This would make the perfect gift- it is a luxury item I would love to buy for myself but usually end up spending my money on my kids. You can order it online with this coupon for 20% off, or pick it up in store at Kohl's or Ulta. I usually have a $50 budget for a core group of people on my list, and yes- all of the will be getting this set for the holidays. Visit blissworld.com for more fabulous finds.
Want one? I am giving away a set to one lucky reader! Simply comment below on your favorite way to relax or treat yourself during the holiday season. Winner will be chosen by random and announced on December 23rd!
Disclosure: I was provided with product and a gift card by Bliss for review purposes. All opinions are honest and my own.