Friday Night Pampering Party
Now, I am in my 30s. 34 to be exact, ain't no shame in the age game...especially after reading Sheryl Sandberg's recent essay where she says, “Celebrate your birthday, goddammit. You are lucky to have each one.” (If you haven't read it, please do so now....I'll wait). I have what many would call wrinkles or crow's feet that started to develop in my 30s, but I call them my smile signature. They are just a part of who I am, and they are a sign that life is good.
But sometimes they get out of control...like when I am woken up 8 times in the middle of the night by a pre-schooler who misses his dad while we are on a trip to Michigan. Or 4 straight hours of a teething toddler alternating between sobbing and whining. The stress starts to take a toll, and it usually manifests itself around my eyes and on my forehead. Welcome to my week this week.
So, back to Friday nights. It is my time to try to recover from the weekly rough spots. I received these Exuviance Eye Treatment Pads to review this week, and thought- yep, this is going to be part of my Friday night pampering party. These pads contain Lactobionic Acid (10%), which hydrates while it stimulates cell renewal. This helps firm the skin and minimizing the appearance of fine lines, aka my OOC crow's feet.
They are easy to use- cleanse the skin around your eyes, take the pads out of the packet, place gently on your skin and relax for 10 to 30 minutes (seriously, the directions said relax...love that). Take them off and massage in the excess solution. Done.
Here is what my Friday looks like now that I am in my 30s:
- Put the kids to bed. This takes an hour. Or longer, depending upon the ability of my son to scam the system.
- Go put my son back in bed. Again. And again.
- Finally crash on the couch, paint my nails, apply a lovely mud mask or other beauty product. Tonight it is going to be Exuviance Eye Treatment Pads- I am going to hide on the 3rd floor for 20 minutes so no one can find me.
- Light a spa-ish candle- I received this Paddywax Ocean Tide + Sea Salt one in a subscription box and I am obsessed.
- Watch DVR'd shows that I fell asleep to during the week- the Bachelorette is one of my guilty pleasures.
- Eat way too many of the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies I made with my son earlier. Get my recipe here- it is seriously the best, just make sure to add some cinnamon.
- Go to bed.
Disclosure: I received Exuviance Eye Treatment Pads for review purposes. As always, all opinions are honest and my own!