Date Night Fashion and Food
As a mom, I don't often have hours to get ready like I used to. Remember the days when you would turn up the Nelly or Tone Loc, mix up a killer cocktail and spend two hours JUST on your smoky eyes? Yeah, not anymore. I am usually cranking up the Frozen, mixing a bottle and spending a leisurely two minutes haphazardly stabbing my eyes with an eyeliner pencil while tucking a squirmy baby under my arm.
Here is my 20 minute date night look, and yes, I am wearing a sports bra underneath an incredibly unattractive dress. Hey, it was like a hundred degrees that day and I was running around chasing my 3 year old in the back yard! Just be appreciative that I am posting a makeup-less pic, it is a rarity for me:
Here is what I did and how long it took me:
- Makeup- foundation, concealer (I buy it by the truckload these days), dusting of powder, blush, eyeshadow primer, gold and black shadows, black liner, mascara, MAC Ruby Woo lipstick (12 minutes)
- Hair- dry shampoo, Elnett, and spin pins (5 minutes)
- Clothes- my classic LBD from The Limited (they have the BEST wrap dresses for a great price), gold statement necklace, gold earrings and leopard pumps (3 minutes)
Our friends ordered a half bottle of our favorite Cabernet- the 2012 Alexander Valley. What a novel concept- the ability to order a half bottle in the event that you and your date prefer different wines! They have a complete wine list that would satisfy even the most savvy sommelier.
One of the things I like best about Sullivan's is their Prix Fixe menu. For $42, you get to pick a starter:
- Cheesesteak Eggroll
- Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
- Roasted Garlic Meatballs
- Crispy Shanghai Calamari
- Shrimp & Lobster Bisque
- Iceberg Lettuce Wedge
- Market Fresh Greens
- Caesar Salad
- Filet Mignon with Garlic Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- Sliced NY Strip with Garlic Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- Simply Broiled Bay of Fundy Salmon with Grilled Asparagus
We also ordered their Three Cheese Mac (added Bacon, of course) and Shaved Brussels Sprouts for the table to share. Their house made dessert menu included a S'mores Mousse Cake and a Warm Cast Iron Blondie served with Butter Pecan Ice Cream. I literally couldn't eat another bite or else I would have ordered both!
Pssst: Volunteer to organize your holiday office party. Book here before September 30th and you get $100 gift card for yourself. I swear I won't tell.
What has your favorite date night fashion and food combos been? Tell me! I always want to know!!