Meatheads Review: Fabulous for Families AND Gift Card Giveaway!
Have you ever taken your kids to a restaurant (quick dine) and it was impossible to navigate? Any of these scenarios ring a bell?
- You try to get in the door but your double stroller gets wedged in the doorway OR the door smacks you on the butt on the way in
- You don't know how to go get your food after it is ready- do you leave the kids at the table, or bring the whole crew with you up to the counter?
- The kids are STARVING and looking to cause mayhem until the food arrives
- Your squirmy toddler won't sit in his seat and you are terrified he will tip over his booster seat and crack his head open and/or become an uninvited guest at some else's lunch date
- The restaurant is dead silent except for the whining and screaming of your companions
- You have to buy a ten dollar meal that consists of horribly non nutritious food plus pay $3 for milk (if it is even available)
- They rush to open the door for parents with strollers/kids (it is their policy)
- They will happily bring the food to your table if you ask
- They have these cool Twisty Twigs at the table for kids to play with (you remember Wikki Sticks? I even brought them to the doctor's office yesterday and they were a lifesaver)
- They have curved booths specially designed for an adult to sit at one end and another to cap off the other end so your kids are TRAPPED!
- The music? It is selected for families, and they researched the perfect level to cover up your kids' rants
- Kids meals are $5.50 and you have the option of fries, veggies or applesauce; includes soft drink (OR organic milk for an extra $1). All ingredients are fresh, never-frozen.
- They reward kids who read 5 books over the summer with a Lil' Meathead burger
- They have free story time AND my friend Beth Engelman of Mommy On A Shoestring is hosting story and craft time at select locations throughout the summer
- 10% of sales from the Goulden Burger (created in honor of Bears kicker Robbie Gould and his public charity, The Goulden Touch) goes to support literacy in Chicago to help prevent the "summer slide"
|Bryson, reading at the Meadheads lunch|
Meatheads celebrates young athletes in organized sports who choose to participate in real games, rather than play video games.
- Any child is eligible – after each game, coaches select the player who best displayed Determination, Hustle & Hard Work and award them their Meathead of the Game certificate
- Each “Meathead of the Game” award certificate is good for (1) free little meatheads burger
- We'll provide all pre-printed award certificates
Final word- I had their burger (and being from Michigan, the land of grilling out, I consider myself a burger expert) and IT. WAS. AMAZING. Not greasy at all, amazing fresh toppings, AND they have chicken and salads for those of you who are into lighter fare!
AND THE GIVEAWAY!!! Meatheads is giving away a $25 gift card for one lucky reader of mine (yes, just my reader- this isn't a 500 blog giveaway for just one card so your chances are awesome).
How to enter- like this post on either my personal FB page or my blog FB page, leave a comment on FB or on the post, or share the post. That's it- you entered! I will pick a winner at random on July 4th, because what says America more than burgers? Everyone is welcome to enter, but keep in mind Meatheads in only in the Chicagoland area (for now). I don't love the "enter five million times for one shot" type of giveaways. If you want to follow Meatheads on Twitter or Facebook because they are awesome here are there links:
|Charlotte, listening intently to Beth Engelman talk!|